Thursday 1 February 2018

S1802 Sunny Thoughts Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop




Hello and welcome to our February 2018 
Stamp of the Month blog hop.
This is a circular hop. If you arrived here from
you are in the right place. Simply read through this post and click on the link at the end to take you to the next Consultant's great idea.
Don't forget to Pin any of your favourite ideas to Pinterest to save for later!
Each blog will showcase projects using the stamp set S1802 Sunny Thoughts.
This stamp set is available this month only for $27, or buy it for $7.50 when you purchase $75 or more from your Consultant.

S1802 Sunny Thoughts

I wanted to make a single page layout for a one-off photo from my daughter's daycare. This is definitely out of my comfort zone as I normally like to put lots of photos on my pages.
I chose our new Make Waves papers as the colours are perfect! The first thing I did was choose two cut-apart cards. I attached the one with the "This is a girl..." quote onto the other one on an angle to show off the flowers. At this stage I didn't have a plan, I just liked the look! I chose the background paper and then stamped the leaves in Lagoon ink along a white 1/2" x12" strip.
Next I stamped on white card "You are the Sunshine in my pocket" in Lagoon ink. I then used a dauber to ink the flowers in the stamp above with Pansy Ink and the leaves with Lagoon and stamped it on both sides. I then cut the white card down and daubed the edges with Pansy. 
At this stage I lay all these pieces on the purple base page and just played with the layout until I ended up with this arrangement.


I decided it needed a contrasting coloured circle behind the photo instead of a traditional rectangle mat and chose this gorgeous ombre sheet. After sticking everything down I stamped the lagoon leaf under the photo. Then I stamped a couple of flowers, fussy cut them and attached them with foam tape. After sticking down the "Sunshine" mat with foam tape, I added the little dovetails of shimmer trim, white sequins, clear sparkles and bittly sparkles from my stash of embellishments. I really love what I've created and don't even mind that there's only one photo on the page!


Shop online for any of the CTMH products I've used today with 
your Close To My Heart Consultant or on my website:

  I would love you to leave a comment before hopping along to see the next great idea at:
Thanks for looking!
Georgia O'Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment